The New Frontiers Programme is aimed at supporting the establishment and growth of technology or knowledge intensive ventures that have the potential to trade internationally and create employment in Ireland. DIT Hothouse deliver the 3-phased programme in partnership with Media Cube in IADT.
Phase 1 lasts approximately two months and is part-time – typically entailing two evening sessions per week. The programme facilitators will introduce the group to relevant startup strategies, challenge each participant’s business idea and encourage participants to prove some degree of market validation of their proposed product or service.
Phase 2 lasts circa 6 months and includes funding, training and incubation space for each participant, subject to regular performance reviews. Phase 2 participants, who must be working full-time on their venture, engage in a series of interactive workshops addressing all aspects of the startup process.
Phase 3 is a full-time period of flexible support, helping successful participants towards investment and expansion. Participants have access to hotdesk space within the DIT Hothouse incubation centre or Media Cube in IADT.
We are now open for applications to Phase 2 of the programme.
The closing date for completed applications is Thursday, November 17th at 12 noon.
We will be hosting an Information Session next Wednesday, October 26th from 6pm in the Greenway Hub, DIT Grangegorman. An overview of the programme will be given, as well as a chance to ask questions. If interested in attending, please RSVP here. Due to limited space, only those who have registered will be admitted.
To apply, please click the Apply Now button.
Who should apply?
This programme can help you if you:
- can demonstrate the capability and commitment needed to develop a sustainable business
- are ambitious, intending that your enterprise will achieve turnover greater than €500,000 and create more than five jobs in three to five years
- plan to build your business on a strong foundation of innovation and/or technology
- can provide evidence of a commercial market for your proposed product or service
- propose setting up an enterprise that is a manufacturing or internationally traded services business, or a new domestically traded service business with the potential to trade internationally
The DIT Hothouse/IADT New Frontiers programme is open to applications from a diversity of sectors including:
- food & consumer products
- information & communication technology
- engineering & electronics
- medical devices
- digital media
- eligible internationally traded services
What does New Frontiers provide entrepreneurs?
- Training in all areas of business including financial management, market research & validation, business process, patenting, product development, sales training
- Mentoring from experienced business advisers and practitioners
- Office and other business incubation facilities
- €15,000 tax free stipend from Enterprise Ireland for individuals participating in Phase 2
- Networking with other entrepreneurs and business development agencies
- Introductions to seed and early stage capital investment networks
- Access to entrepreneurship best practice, both national and international
- Peer-group learning from participants in the region and across the country
- Access to expertise in Enterprise Ireland through the market information centre
We look forward to receiving your application and we would be grateful if you could share this with your contacts.
DIT Hothouse Incubation Centre
01 402 5328